Saturday, July 6, 2013

Yum-Yums: Home-Made Frappes!

Frappes are my choice of drink for the summer months. On a hot summer day, a refreshing frappe to drink while lying out in the sun is ideal. If you cannot afford to get some cold coffee at a McDonald's, Caribou Coffee, or a Starbucks every day during the summer, however, you have come to the right place! Today I am going to share with you how to make your own frappes in the comfort of your home. :)


To start off, here's what you need:

  • Blender
  • 1 cup chocolate milk (can substitute with 1 cup milk and a couple scoops of chocolate powder or syrup)
  • 1 cup coffee
  • As many chocolate chips as desired, or in my case shredded chocolate almond bark
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups of ice
  • A few small scoops of vanilla ice cream
  • Whipped cream
First, depending on what type of blender you have, you may or may not be able to add the coffee straight from your coffee machine. For me, it recommends not to put anything hot in, so I cooled my coffee in the freezer for approximately a half hour.

Next, put everything except for the whipped cream into the blender and blend until you reach your desired consistency. As it says above, in my case I didn't have any chocolate chips or any Hershey's bars, so I shredded chocolate almond bark into mine. Everyone is different and some people might want more coffee flavor while other might want more chocolate flavor, so add as much as you want.

After everything is nice and blended, pour into a tall cup and top with whipped cream. If you wish, you can add chocolate drizzle or chocolate shreds on the top.

Hope you enjoy and let me know how yours turned out! Mine was delicious, so I hope yours is too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment