Thursday, July 11, 2013

Clean Your Earrings DIY

Ladies (and gents), it is SO important to clean your earrings. I know, I forget to take the time to do it too, but today that's gonna change. Here's how you can clean yours at home, without any expensive earring cleaner (if there is such a thing...).

The first way that I cleaned my earrings was with Hydrogen Peroxide. You might have heard that Hydrogen Peroxide is good for fighting infection; this is very true! I, myself, have used it on my ears when they have begun to get infected and it really does the trick. So, in order to prevent infection caused by nasty, unclean earrings, simply soak your earrings in Hydrogen Peroxide.


It's a super easy way to clean your studs. All you need to do is separate the backs from your earrings and soak. I'm letting mine sit for about a half hour. You should start to see bubbles appearing on your earrings, and if they are dirty enough, the bubbles will rise to the top.

As you can see, I have some really cheap metal earrings because they have changed color from wear.


The next thing you can do to clean your earrings is using alcohol. For my dangling earrings, I used alcohol swabs. Alcohol kills bacteria, which is why it's a good way to clean the earrings you cannot soak in Hydrogen Peroxide.


Well, it's as simple as that! I have used these methods before and I haven't personally noticed any sort of deterioration in the quality of my earrings from the alcohol or peroxide. Let me know what you think and if you've used this tip before!

No comments:

Post a Comment