Sunday, August 25, 2013

Doctor Who Gift Idea

None of you know this about me yet, but I am a HUGE Doctor Who fan. I am basically obsessed with that show. My older brother actually got me into it over Spring Break back in March, and I haven't looked back since! The other day was my brother's birthday, so naturally, I had to give him something Doctor Who. Well, here's what he ended up getting :) :

First things first, here's the card I made him!
(And then I realized that I accidentally put "Police Call" instead of the actual "Public Call" at the top. Whoops, my bad!)


Oh, and it's bigger on the inside. ;)


Here's a link to the blog post that I followed to create this card:
Pretty cool, right?! Definitely give it a go!

And here's the actual gift I gave him. I'm all about saving money and DIY-ing birthday gifts. So this is what I ended up making him.
It's River's TARDIS journal!!



This gift was literally $0.97!! All I bought was a small notebook that I would be able to create indents in. Here's the steps I used below:

1. Drew outlines of TARDIS design on notebook with dry-erase marker.
2. Indented design where marker is marked with a random Popsicle stick I had laying around.
3. Wiped away marker marks.
4. Painted the entire notebook in 2-3 layers of TARDIS blue (or as close as can get) paint that I had sitting around.
5. Mixed a little bit of black into blue paint to create shadows where indented and along creases of spine.
5. Allowed to dry. If you want, you can set the entire thing with some sort of topcoat, such as nail polish or Mod Podge but I didn't.

That's it! Even after the couple layers of paint, I could still slightly feel the indents that I created for the design! SOOO easy and super cute too!!

So the question is... are you gonna try either of these DIY's out?! If so, let me know which one down in the comment section below! :D I would love to see how yours turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment